Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Taking a Break to Ink

My current painting I'm currently working on is moving along but I decided to take a break for a few days. Though I will continue to paint, ink drawings is still something I wish to pursue. Before I even started the aforementioned painting, I inked this drawing.
I tried a couple different methods while inking this and consequently, this didn't turn out quite as satisfying as I had hoped. The good thing that came out of this is that I tried to narrow down the type of methods I use to to ink a drawing. I've never enjoyed rendering all too well so inking is something I enjoy very much. I did a second one soon after.

  
I was slightly happier with this one. The detail in the dress was not working so I followed the "Frank Miller" motto of "if it's giving you trouble, cover it in black". The following drawing was done a couple days ago.
I liked how this turned out and even attempted to to color this in photoshop today. The fact that I'm showing you the ink drawing should tell you how that went, though it was my first attempt at digital coloring so I will be trying again in the future. On that note, I will probably resume my painting next time I hit the studio so hopefully my next post will include that.

No comments:

Post a Comment