Friday, December 16, 2011

preparation

I've noticed in the past that when my winter break hits, I feel this momentary rush to work on my own art outside of school. The problem with this though is that I tend to put this expectation on myself to turn out a bunch of work which is honestly not a whole lot of time. I end up rushing into work and I rarely ever like the results. This time I've decided to do small studies and sketches to help flesh out ideas more thorough. I've sketched out a few ideas this week that could end up either being paintings or large scale ink drawings. Just today I completed this small study in my sketchbook.

I normally hate self portraits but I found this one kinda interesting. I ended up inking this one as well.

 In retrospect, I think the drawing looked better. I might do a similar portrait of someone else since I do like the concept Ive been developing in the last year or so. I'd like to continue to do more small studies such as this and possibly try to start a larger project before the the next semester starts. Well, I'm off to the 100 Grand Show. Hopefully I'll feel inspired afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment